Ask the expert: Fossils, rocks, bones, teeth and small bugs (if well-contained)
Have you ever found something interesting and wondered what it might be? Bring in your own treasured items, share your stories about them and ask questions to a variety of specialists at our Ask the Expert days! These local organisations will be on hand to chat with you about your discoveries, to offer advice about where to find out more, and to unlock the fascinating stories behind some of the Museum’s fabulous natural history collections. Some are keen to record the finds that visitors bring along, such as the Suffolk Biological Records Centre, who are looking forward to noting the details of any species of interest which are brought in. The following groups are joining us in August:
· Beach Bonkers - https://www.beachbonkers.org.uk/
· GeoSuffolk - http://geosuffolk.co.uk/
· Portable Antiquities Scheme, Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service - https://heritage.suffolk.gov.uk/finds-recording
· Suffolk Biological Records Centre and Suffolk Naturalists Society - http://www.suffolkbis.org.uk/
· Suffolk Wildlife Trust - http://www.suffolkwildlifetrust.org/
Our next Ask the Expert day will be in October.
Free event. Drop in.