Ipswich Museum will be closed over the Christmas period from Monday 24th-Thursday 27th December 2018 and Monday 31st December 2018-Tuesday 1st January 2019. Normal opening hours apply at all other times.
Making a visit
- Tuesday – Saturday
10.00am – 5.00pm
11.00am – 5.00pm
- Mondays closed
Ipswich Museum and Art School
To reach Ipswich by road, use the A12 or A14 and follow signs to Ipswich town centre.
There is no parking at the Ipswich museums but they are both located in the town centre. Please visit www.ipswich.gov.uk/parking for up-to-date information.
Ipswich is just 1 hour 15 minutes on the main train line from London to Norwich. Arriving at Ipswich Station the museum is approximately a 20 minute walk or short bus ride to the town centre.
The museum is a five minute walk from Tower Ramparts bus station in the town centre.
Find Your Way
The museum is located at the top of the High Street, just a five minute walk from the town centre.
Facilities And Accessibility
Ipswich Museum has a ramp at the main entrance leading to double doors that can be opened to allow access for wider wheelchairs or scooters. We also offer the following:
- A manual wheelchair available for use. Please ask at reception.
- All galleries are accessible via a lift or stairs.
- Ear defenders available on request.
- Guide and helping dogs are welcome
- All areas of the ground floor are either level or have ramped access.
- An accessible toilet is located on the ground floor.
- There are hands-on and sensory experiences at various points throughout the museum.
- We provide British Sign Language interpretation at selected events – please see our events section for more details.