The Training Museum
Each year as part of The Training Museum we are running the CIMOVATION fund, a small, in-house grant scheme. Our staff can apply to the fund for support with innovative projects that improve the way we work and create practical opportunities for training.
In 2015 – 2016, the CIMOVATION fund enabled:
- the Exhibitions team to invest in an A2 laminator, which is being used to improve our in-house graphic production and teach colleagues about exhibition design.
- the Colchester Collections and Learning team to develop an interaction trolley. Training has been delivered on ways to inspire learning from objects and new “Out of the box” sessions are being used to engage visitors.
- a project entitled ‘ECHOES’. Led by the Ipswich Visitor Services team, historical figures from Christchurch Mansion are being brought to life through live interpretation.
In 2016 – 2017, we supported:
- Colchester Visitor Services, to train in gallery costume conservation and improve the way we deliver live interpretation.
- “The Digital Skills Share” led by our Project team. From Excel to Photoshop, they are encouraging staff to teach each other and gain confidence using computer programmes.
This year, the projects include:
- a costume skills sharing between Colchester and Ipswich Visitor Services staff.
- a pilot by Colchester’s Collections and Learning team to create object mindfullness sessions.
- new backpacks for young explorers to Ipswich Museum, developed by their Visitor Services team.